[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured card summary

On Sunday 14 March 2004 10:27, Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> From: "Heino Goldenstein" <heino.goldenstein@t-online.de>
> > Helmut Auer wrote:
> > > These settings are not working for me, but the long version
> > > from Oliver will:
> > >
> > > S19.2E  11700 V  9750 v [E0 10 38 F0] [E1 10 38 F0] [E1 10 38 F0]
> >
> > maybe your sat-cable does not transmit the DiSEqC-command reliable
> > and it needs some retransmits until your multiswitch it understand.
>
> Or maybe he just has a setup with _cascaded_ switches, which require
> repeating the DiSEqC sequence for any second or third level switches, which
> may not be connected to the bus the first or second time the command is
> sent.

IIRC I added the retransmissions because switching was not 100%
reliable (with driver 0.9.4 and vdr 1.0.4, long time ago).
As I don't have a logic analyser, I was never able to track down the
real problem. Anyway, Eutelsat recommends to repeat the sequence, and
it increases reliability, so I never changed it...

@Klaus:
Please change the "Optimized for full DiSEqC" sequence in diseqc.conf
of the vdr tar-ball, because some frontends do not turn on LNB power by
default.

Oliver