[linux-dvb] Re: Skystar2 problem with traffic filtering

Le mar 16/03/2004 à 08:12, Niklas Peinecke a écrit :
> Eugene Kolomeetz wrote:
> > I've tried to use Skystar2 (rev 2.6) for satellite internet with drivers
> > 1.1.1
> > It works fine for some time, then traffic stops - no pings come backs,
> > tcpdump also shows nothing.
> > femon shown that frontend is locked.
> > Reloading modules helps, but the same thing happens after a while.
> > Is it a known problem?
> > How can it be tracked down?
>
> Try loading dvb-core.o with dvb_shutdown_timeout=0 to prevent the driver
> from going into sleep-mode.

After my first comments on skystar 2 module I now have rebooted the
machine and have sound dropouts. About every 90 seconds the sound drops
for about 2 seconds.

I will be rebuilding the machine with XFree 4.4 and kernel 2.6.4 patched
with all the latest dvb and via stuff.

Will report back then

Tony Grant

--