[linux-dvb] Re: Unresolved symbols

Michael Hunold wrote:
Hello Niklas,

On 16.03.2004 09:44, Niklas Salmi wrote:

I had a working setup with the dvb-drivers (1.1.1) a couple of days ago. For some reason (don't ask me why..) I rebuilt them, and now I get the following unresolved symbol errors when running insmod.sh:

Never change a running system... ;-)

# ./insmod.sh load
Inserting DVB modules into kernelmodprobe: Can't locate module videodev
./saa7146_vv.o: unresolved symbol video_register_device_Rfba2d6c3
./saa7146_vv.o: unresolved symbol video_unregister_device_R217b1920
./saa7146_vv.o: unresolved symbol video_usercopy_Rda525838

This is the imporant part, the other things are follow-up errors.

I have a Technotrend budget card (DVB-C). I can't remember if I installed something that would have affected my setup, causing these errors.
Any pointers of what could cause this would be very appreciated

Which kernel version are you using?
Have you recompiled your kernel and/or changed your kernel configuration?

Please check the following:

Can you manually load the Video4Linux "videodev.o" module? (try "depmod -ae; modprobe videodev; lsmod" -- does "lsmod" show "videodev" now?)

If not, it's simply not there. Check your kernel configuration if it's still enabled. If it is, re-install the modules.

CU
Michel.
Thank you very much! I did not see the forest for the trees.
I feel a bit stupid; I had accidentaly disabled the Video4Linux in the kernel config... Now the modules load correctly.

--
Niklas Salmi