[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured card summary

Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> > > Cool. The Root/Dpram in your 2003-11-08 DVB snapshot is the same as the
> > > ones I extracted from dvb-ttpci-01.fw.gz currently on the website. So its
> > > definitely not that; I just wanted to make ABSOLUTELY sure it wasn't some
> > > build issue. I'm assuming your 2003-11-08 snapshot works for your DISEQC
> > > BTW.
> >
> > Yes, it does.
>
> Another difference (though I don't see how it can affect DISEQC, but you never
> know!):
>
> In 1.0.0 and your 2003-11-08 snapsnot, hw_sections = 0 by default
>
> In 1.1.0 and CVS, hw_sections = 1 by default

BINGO!

Andrew, you're the best!

I've changed to hw_sections = 0 in the dvb-kernel driver and
DiSEqC now works as reliably as with the DVB driver.

I then switched the DVB driver to hw_sections = 1 in order to
cross check, but the DVB driver still switches DiSEqC reliably,
even with hw_sections = 1.

Finally, I switched the dvb-kernel driver back to hw_sections = 1
and again DiSEqC didn't work reliably.

So apparently the dvb-kernel driver doesn't handle DiSEqC reliably
with hw_sections = 1, while in the DVB driver it works with both
0 and 1.

I can, of course, use the dvb-kernel driver with hw_sections = 1
(as I always did with the DVB driver) and this solves my immediate
problem. However, there must still be something else that influences
things here, because in the old (DVB) driver the actual value of
hw_sections didn't matter...

Klaus