[linux-dvb] Diseqc compatibility mode?

Hi,
if I understand correctly the specs, if I want to write a diseqc routine that work both with 1.1 and simpleA/B
switches I should copy exactly szap's head_diseqc() code, in particular I should be confident
that 1.1 switches should ignore FE_DISEQC_SEND_BURST after having received a valid
FE_DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD sequence followed by 15 ms of silence.
Is it correct?

Yet it seems there's some equipment that doesn't work that way:
a guy reported that his 4/1 switch works correctly only if he comments the BURST command
(that isn't being ignored as it should according to the specs);
should I assume that his switch is buggy or maybe I'm overlooking something in the code?

Thanks very much,
Nico