[linux-dvb] Re: ANNOUNCE : KaxTV 0.22

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 11:17:02PM +0200, Stephan B?ni wrote:
> :-(  I cannot compile KaxTV under Kernel 2.6 and KDE 3.2.2. Error in
> "./configure": checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes.

Hi Stephan,

You need to install the 'xlibs-dev' package (or a similarly-named one
for your distribution) - these are the really core header files a Linux
system needs to compile software for the X window system.

If you don't have the base X development files, it's extremely likely
you won't have the KDE ones, or the Qt ones either... you are likely to
be in for a rough ride if all this is new to you :(

Alternatively, campaign the author for some .deb's or .rpm's ? :)

Cheers,
Gavin.