[linux-dvb] Re: SMP/preempt/hyperthreading (was: b2c2 withopensky)

On Mon, 03 May 2004 11:09:05 +0200
Vincenzo Di Massa <hawk78_it@yahoo.it> wrote:

> No, I'm using skystar2 with AliceSat.
> I use plain 2.6.4 and 2.6.5.
> My distribution is a really hacked Mandrake 9.2.
> Does your setup include SMP or preemptible kernel? (you cannot use them
> with linux dvb drivers)

No SMP or preempt???

This is not true, the drivers are supposed to work in any condition.
I'm running 2.6.5 with preempt with no problem.

Maybe the confusion is about *Windows* drivers, which are reported to
be unstable on SMP machines.

In another thread (SkyStar2 Rev. 2.6C & hyperthreading) Reinhard Nissl
says hyperthreading causes problems, Sebastian Frei says he has
problems without SMP (what about preempt?).

If there is a bug around, we need more detailed info to isolate it.
   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it