[linux-dvb] Re: KaxTV : feedback needed

Hi Christophe

KaxTV seams to be on a good way. On kernel 2.6.4 (SUSE LINUX 9.1) with libxine
1-rc3 and KDE 3.2.2 i can compile and start KaxTV without problems.

The channel scan works fine, but some stations will not be found (i.e. "RTL"
on Astra). From the found channels i can select those i like. I think this is
an exelent way to define the whished channels.

If the channel name contents one or more character higher than ASCII 128 this
character will not displayed correctly on my system. Perhaps because i use
the UTF-8 character set (default starting at SUSE LINUX 9.1).

The "i" displays in the context help "OSD 0". When i'm clicking on it, nothing
happens.

If i doubleclick on a channel to play it KaxTV chrashes with the following
output in the terminal window:

# kaxtv
kaxtv: Starting KaxTV 0.1...
kaxtv: Create System Tray
kaxtv: Init fullscreen panel
kaxtv: Display aspect ratio (v/h): 1.06203
kaxtv: Using xine version 1-rc3b
kaxtv: Post-init xine-engine
kaxtv: Use audio driver auto
kaxtv: Use video driver auto
kaxtv: Init video driver
kaxtv: Init audio driver
kaxtv: Start event loop...
kaxtv: xine init successful
kaxtv: New visualization plugin: goom
kaxtv: Load Playlist
kaxtv: WARNING: Invalid logo file
# Using DVB card "STV0299/TSA5059/SL1935 based"
tuning DVB-S to 12480000 v 27500000
polling....
Getting frontend event
Not able to lock to the signal on the given frequency
Using DVB card "STV0299/TSA5059/SL1935 based"
tuning DVB-S to 12480000 v 27500000
QTime::setHMS Invalid time 24:00:00.000
QTime::setHMS Invalid time 24:00:00.000
QTime::setHMS Invalid time 24:00:00.000
QTime::setHMS Invalid time 24:00:00.000
polling....
Getting frontend event
Event:  Frequency: 12478970
        SymbolRate: 27500000
        FEC_inner:  3
KCrash: Application 'kaxtv' crashing...

Finaly i think your on the right way. Please go on. And take contact to the
Kaffeine development team. So you can build a plugin for the official
Kaffeine release. I think it's a better facility for the end user if KaxTV
and Kaffeine goes together.

Stephan