[linux-dvb] Re: stability problems + closing and re-opening the frontend

> > I'll try to find a "budget" card. Seems like those are a
> bit more stable, isn't it?
>
> Yes. At least there is no closed source firmware on them.
> And they are capable of capturing full transport streams
> for analysis.
>

> Johannes

All,

I received my brand new Hauppauge WinTV NOVA-S. After intensive stability tests on it with a guenuine 2.6.6rc3, I didn't have any crash or weird behaviour. Congratulation to the drivers developpers! Another proof that closed source drivers sucks.

Now, in my project, I have to support cable and terrestrial as well. I saw that Hauppauge has a NOVA-T with roughly the same hardware than the NOVA-S. This one seems a good quandidate. Did anybody had bad experiences with it?

I didn't find any budget cable card (DVB-C). Does anybody has a stable (no weird firmware) cable card to suggest?

Thanks.