[linux-dvb] Adventures with a Nova-T and Mandrake 10.0 Community

After looking at the latest software (linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1) I noticed that
it isn't supposed to work on anything less than kernel 2.4.23. The box
I'm currently using is Mandrake 9.1 running 2.4.21 so I'm pretty stuffed
there.

I have another machine. This runs Mandrake 10.0 Community with kernel
???????. I moved the card into that machine. I also noticed that this
comes with DVB support built in.

Moving the card into the 10.0 machine I did the various modprobes to see
if I could get it to recognise the card and its frontend. No problem it
did.

tzap seemed to work fine, I was able to tune in various stations.

However, I was unable to actually any television. Nothing ever comes out
data-wise.

Looking at /proc/interrupts it appears the card isn't generating any
interrupts.

Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

For reference, I have the Haupauge Nova-T with the grundig_29504-401
front end. It seems to like the budget module to drive it.
--
Jim Darby <jim@jimbocorp.uklinux.net>
The Jimbo Corporation