[linux-dvb] Re: Question about dvb_frontend.c

Hello,

On 09.05.2004 13:17, Christian Gmeiner wrote:

In dvb_frontend.c are these functions:
dvb_register_frontend
dvb_register_frontend_new
Whats the difference of them?
The dvb core has been using a separate i2c subsystem. Frontend drivers can register themselves with dvb_register_frontend() to the "old" subsystem.

I've started to port the frontend drivers back to kernel i2c and make dvb-frontend independent of i2c completely (there maybe frontend drivers that are not accessible via i2c).

stv0299, ves1x93 and tda1004x have already been ported. These drivers use dvb_register_frontend_new() instead.

Of course all frontend drivers should use the new api, but I haven't had the time to port them all yet.

CU
Michael.