[linux-dvb] Re: cam_test cam_set

    Francesco> On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 22:40, Marcus Metzler wrote:
    >> cam_test and cam_set are in in the libdvb packet at
    >> http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html .  cam_test sends
    >> commands via tcp or unix socket to cam_set. You have to start
    >> the programs in separate terminals.  rtuxzap should also be
    >> able to talk to cam_set, but I haven't tested it in a while.
    >>
    >> Marcus

    Francesco> Thank Marcus I've tested cam_* utilities but something
    Francesco> doesn't work properly on my machine:

    Francesco> root@box:/usr/local/src/libdvb-0.5.4# ./cam_set Found
    Francesco> 1CAM(s) Using /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0 Found 1 slots CAM:
    Francesco> ASTON, 01, 0100, 0100

    Francesco> root@box:/usr/local/src/libdvb-0.5.4# ./cam_test Using
    Francesco> default /root/.dvbrc failed Using default
    Francesco> /etc/dvb/dvbrc failed Could not find DVB input file
    Francesco> /etc/dvb/dvbrc

You need a dvbrc either in /etc/dvb/ of in your home directory as
.dvbrc. You can find some examples in the samplerc directory of
libdvb, or you can use files in stacodx format (e.g. astra
http://www.satcodx2.com/_data/0192.sdx).

    Francesco> dmsg output:

    Francesco> APIC error on CPU0: 00(40) APIC error on CPU0: 40(40)

    Francesco> I running machine with kernel 2.6.5, dvb-kernel from
    Francesco> cvs, P4 CPU, knoppix distro.

    Francesco> Shall I disable IO-APIC in kernel config?  Shall I
    Francesco> install something else to get working cam_test? (it
    Francesco> doesn't find dvbrc)

I don't know why you should get an APIC error from the cam tools. Are
you sure they only occur when you are using the cam?

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|