[linux-dvb] Re: blocking FE_SET_FRONTEND ioctl in non-blockingmode

--On den 12 maj 2004 11:57 +0100 Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net> wrote:

Full ACK. The frontend API is specified to be asynchronous, if
userland sets filters before the frontend reports successful
tuning it's its own fault.
I am not sure that is what happened, I think you could get
stale data anyway.

IMHO the code must be removed, because some software relies
on the non-blocking behaviour of FE_SET_FRONTEND.
OK - I'll look into it this evening.
Please make it not deliver stale data on sync calls at least.

It is like opening a socket and first getting some old data
from the previous socket user. I think that is a bad API.

/ragge