[linux-dvb] AW: Re: Trying to get a ``polished'' MPEG stream from DVB

> > > Transcode and other mpeg utilities generally expect a
> > perfect mpeg stream.
> > > We're not able to supply one unless you convert the TS to
> > mpeg with a
> > > utility that can cater for unreliable input.
> >
> > Are there any utilities which can be used to do this, i.e.
> > convert from
> > a TS with errors into a nice clean PS? I sometimes get
> > similar problems
> > with recordings from vdr which have been cut (PES streams in
> > this case).
>
> I'm trying to write one in my spare time. It's going a bit
> slowly at the
> moment :(
>
> My DVB reception is quite bad, so I need it...

A programm called ProjectX (written in Java) can do this. It corrects lost packages by
inserting/dropping video and audio. It demultiplexes the stream (resulting in a .m2v and .mp3/.ac3 file). The demultiplexd streames
are perfect in sync and can be edited (on the I Frames) without any new encoding with some tool called mpegschnit (?) or so
(I do not have access to my machine here).
With ifoedit or (some other multiplexer) you can multiplex (and create DVD).
Transcode should work with the files as well (?).
With ProjectX and transcode you are on a linux solution.