[linux-dvb] streaming video over USB?

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find out some information on how the video is sent from the USB DVB-T devices (Twinhan, Nebula etc.) and I'm hoping someone on here could please point me in the right direction, or point me to source code.

Is the video packetized by the USB device or is it sent in a constant stream which the software on the PC then 'grabs' and decodes/shows on screen?  Is there a 'universal' way which has been adopted for streaming USB video or does each manufacturer have their own way of doing things?  (ie: software has to be tailored to each different USB video device).  Also is there a difference in the way the video is streamed if the source is analogue or digital TV?

regards,

Craig