[linux-dvb] Re: budget card not working under vdr

Johannes Schoeller wrote:

i use vdr together with 2x dvb-s 1.3 and 1x nova budget (w/o ci) together
with dvbdriver 1.1.1.

when i do insmod.sh load all modules are loaded, and vdr starts. but as soon
as i try to record on my 3rd card (=nova) vdr restarts after hitting the
watchdog timer. the recorded file has a lenght of 0 byte.

so i tried out using szap. first i had troubles getting a lock on channel
"pro7", after changing to another transponder (and getting lock there), i
got a lock on "pro7" as well. then i started vdr again, but the problem was
still there.

I have a Nova-S-CI and it's working nicely for me now (I had some problems with the CI before, but thanks to Andrew de Quincey they are now history). I'm using MythTV instead of VDR though, but I don't think that matters.

Unless someone has any other ideas I'd recommend that you upgrade to Linux 2.6.6 (if you're not already using it) and try the drivers that are included with the kernel. That works for me.

Otherwise I guess the people here will need some logs from dmesg and any other logs that might be meaningful (VDR?). Good luck!