[linux-dvb] Re: mpeg 4:2:2

Hi Wolfgang, Nico, Roberto and all

thanks to you all for your replies, I followed all your suggestions to get
chroma_format to 4:2:2 work. Here are results:

libmpeg2:
works (0.4.0b), obvisosly without sound und poor performance

ffmpeg:
kinda works (latest cvs) with ffplay, but colors are wrong

mplayer:
There are a few obstacles getting this to work with mplayer. First of all
mplayer quits, because libmpdemux/mpeg_hdr.c:
header_process_sequence_extension() doesn't handle the chroma format besides
4:2:0.
With a patch Wolfgang suggested I'am getting mplayer to send the data the
codecs. So I updated libmpeg2 (as Roberto suggested) and libavcodec (as Nico
suggested) and now mplayer is crashing :-(

I put together a full bug-report and send it to the mplayer-advusers providing
a short sample transport stream to their ftp-server. Here is a (web-)link of
that bug report.

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-advusers/2004-May/000883.html

So, hopefully the developers can add support for these chroma formats :-)

--
Viele Grüße
Christian