[linux-dvb] Re: How to start using dvb-apps

Hi
Many tanks for help so fare. I can now do:
modprobe stv0299
modprobe skystar2
(It took some time before I found out that I also had to use modprobe stv0299)
and I can use the ./szap to get the channel (as the README file show) and mplayer -< /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 to view
This works fine (I get both picture and sound), but I must be root user to do it. It is only root that can access the adapter0.
Can the windows version of mplayer be used to access the adapter0 or are there other way to do this that may be easier?
Are there any FAQ list for this (I have not found it)? Should I stay with mplayer or is there other program that is easy to setup? Any sugestion?

rgds Kjell