[linux-dvb] Confusing re femon

Hi,
I'm pulling my hair trying to find Astra 28.2E. I've now tried to find
it using femon. But the signal strength and snr values femon emits seem
to be *random*. At least they don't deviate much from a certain set of
values even if I cover the lnb with my hands or even unplug it!
I'm using this on kernel 2.4.26 with all sorts of dvb drivers (including
cvs and the one deemed stable for vdr from somewhen in August 2003) and
a hauppauge dvb-s card rev 1.6 (0000:02:03.0 Multimedia controller:
Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)        Subsystem: Unknown device
00a1:a1a0)
Otherwise this setup works perfect. So I'm suspecting I'm doing
something *very* stupid. Maybe femon isn't the approach to 'find'
satellites at all?
bis bald, Rolf