[linux-dvb] Re: Kworld/V-Stream/XPert DVB-T card

Hi,

>>> As a first step I plan to contact the manufacturer

You can try to figure out the manufacturer of the tuner and look or ask for
the programming information.

> No there aren't that I know of, but the chip is used
> in analogue cards (and I'm currently using those
> analogue drivers to watch TV via the cards
> composite-in and an external tuner).

I'm shure the cx23883 has to programmed in a different way for digital tv. No
capturing of an analogue video signal is needed but the transport of digital
data.

> So is the I2C bus used to control the tuner and
> decoder?

I think so although I've seen one tuner which is controlled via a 3-wire bus.

> > Sniffing on the i2c-bus of the mt352 may help to
> > answer some questions.
>
> How would I do that?

Find out the positions of the I2C-Bus lines clock and data and connect them to
the parallel port: http://warmcat.com/milksop/cheapi2c.html. Don't forget the
GND wire.

Start the WIndows-Software and look what's going on...

Wolfram

Home | Main Index | Thread Index