[linux-dvb] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Howto upgrade a full-featured dvb-s card to 4 MByte SDRAM

On Friday 11 June 2004 23:48, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> I have not opened up my server to have a look at the memory chip yet, but it
> would be great if you could list the hardware to buy and some pointers to who
> has it available. Great discovery!!

All you need is a single 1Mx16 SDRAM chip.
(There is a link to a RAM cross-reference in my howto.)

Until now I have not found an electronic shop where you could buy these
parts. I simply unsoldered the chip from an old graphics card!

The original chip on my board is a Hyundai HY 57V161610 DTC-8.
For the upgrade I used an EtronTech EM 636165 TS-10.

> Also, does the av7110x handle anything higher than 256? I vagely remember that
> it did some 16bit mode?

According to the data sheet, the OSD can handle 720x576 pixels with 1,2,
4 and 8 bits per pixel. On page 42 there is a table which mentions a
24bpp mode. I don't know, whether this is supported by the firmware.

Oliver

P.S.:
I have updated the 'Software' section of the howto.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index