[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge Nova-T End of Life (Was 3.3v DVB-T Cards)

I talked to Hauppauge the other day and they are short on supply and the
reason Scan are probably saying the current model is discontined is
Hauppauge have a new model due out soon.  It will be cheaper and better
quality is all they would say.  I bought a card on Ebay in the end as I
could not find a UK supplier with any.  I wait the new model with
interest.

Rgds

Scott White

> On Tuesday 11 May 2004 21:32, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
>> On Monday 07 Jun 2004 02:42, Robert Schlabbach wrote:
>> > From: "Andrew de Quincey" <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>

>> work in the PCI slots in your picture. Additionally, the cards
>> _have_ the two chunks missing - why would TT specifically make the
>> card physically compatable with these slots, if it wasn't a
>> universal card?
>> >
>> > Why are you even giving credit to the cr*p some store feeds to their
>> customers? The Nova-T PCI is supposed to be End-of-Life, and they
>> offer a Nova-T USB instead? How about they just LIE to their
>> customers to sell whatever they have catching dust in stock...?
>>
>> Yup. Well, I have to make sure of this sort of thing; these cards are
>> critical to us. Hopefully Hauppague will mail me back to confirm. BTW:
>> I couldn't seem to find a retailer in the UK which had them in stock -
>> hopefully just a temporary situation.
>
> Hauppage just mailed to say scan are talking cr*p.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index