[linux-dvb] Re: av7110 Registers

Thanks for the info guys.  Since the firmware is closed source I'll
try to give Ralph's suggestion a shot and see what happens.  It
doesn't look like it would be too hard to add support for creating a
VIDEOHSIZE window in the osd code.  I'll let you know what happens but
I have to wait till I get home from work :-)

Thank You,
bball

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:15:13 +0200, Ralph Metzler <rjkm@metzlerbros.de> wrote:

> Johannes Stezenbach writes:
>  > Jeremy Jones wrote:
>  > > Is it possible to read/write directly to the av7110 registers or does
>  > > it require an interface from the firmware ?
>  >
>  > No/Yes.
>  >
>  > > I want to use the 1/4th
>  > > decimation mode of the av7110 to shrink the video window.  The
>  > > docuemntation says that bits 14-12 specify the decimation mode so I
>  > > thought it might be possible to set those bits in the register.  I
>  > > have a feeling that what I'm sugesting is a gross over-simplification
>  > > but it doesn't hurt to ask :-)
>  >
>  > I think it is not that easy because the scaler has to be set up
>  > differently. Much too much work to do right in the current firmware.
>  > Just setting some bit in a register won't do the trick.
>

> There is not really that much to change. See the code for the true
> size display in the firmware I set up for unusual resolutions.
> You only should have to use a different DISPTYPE. I tested that once
> some years ago and it worked.
>
> Or somebody just try creating a VIDEOHSIZE window directly from
> the av7110 driver (but I never tested if that works).
>

> Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index