[linux-dvb] DVBRC

>>>>> "daniela" == daniela  <daniela@easyband.com.br> writes:

    daniela> Hello everybody, I'm new in this sat thing and also in
    daniela> Linux. I work for a company that have asked me to stream
    daniela> a sat signal through vls. I have installed vls, all the
    daniela> libraries and the dvb drivers. But I have a doubt. How do
    daniela> i configure the .dvbrc file. The only information I got
    daniela> from my company is this:

    daniela> Transponder Freq: 12139 Mhz LNB Freq : 10750 Mhz LOF1:
    daniela> 10750 Mhz LOF2: 10750 Mhz LNB Selection: 22 Khz Switch:
    daniela> 1171 Mhz Symbol Rate: 7324 K/s FEC: auto Step Size: 5
    daniela> Polaridade: Horizontal DISEQ: None Pids: 3c, 64, 65, 66
    daniela> ,6e, 78, 8z

    daniela> I really donīt know for example what is the FMAX and FMIN
    daniela> based on this values I have. And how do i configure this
    daniela> PIDs in the channels.  How do I configure the FEC as
    daniela> auto?  Is there anywhere where i could find the .dvbrc
    daniela> specification?  I really hope to hear from you soom,
    daniela> Daniela

Here is the beginning of a readme for the dvbrc format in the libdvb
which I haven't finished yet:

DVBRC format
The dvbrc format has entries for Satellites, LNBs, transponders and
channels. The configuration for one transponder on Astra (19deg E)
using an universal LNB is:

LNB ID 0 TYPE 1  LOF1 9750000 LOF2 10600000 SLOF 11700000 DISEQCNR 0
  SAT ID 192 NAME "Astra" LNBID 0 FMIN 10700000 FMAX 12700000
    TRANSPONDER ID 0018 TSID 04d5 SATID 0192 TYPE 0 FREQ 11568000 POL V SRATE 22
	CHANNEL ID 0 NAME "Al Jazeera" SATID 192 TPID 18 SID 233d TYPE 0 VPID 37 APID 38 TTPID 1496 PCRPID 37

The ID tags for LNB, SAT, TRANSPONDER and CHANNEL are more or less
arbitrary, you just have to know them so that the channel can be
connected to a Transponder via the TSID tag, a transponder can be
connected to a satellite via the SATID tag and the satellite can be
connected to the LNB via the LNBID tag.
The other tags have the following meaning:
LNB:
	TYPE		not used at the moment
	LOF1 LNB 	offset 1
	LOF2 LNB 	offset 2
	SLOF 		switching frequency for offset
	DISEQNR 	diseqc number of LNB

SAT:
	NAME            Name of the Satellite
	LNBID		ID of the LNB pointing to the satellite
	FMIN		minimum transponder frequency
	FMAX		maximum transponder frequency

TRANSPONDER:
	TSID
	SATID		ID of the satellite the transponder is on
	TYPE		0 for satellite, 1 for cable, 2 for terrestial
	FREQ		transponder frequency
	POL		polarisation (V or H)
	SRATE		symbol rate

CHANNEL:
	NAME		channel name

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|

Home | Main Index | Thread Index