[linux-dvb] Re: Possible bug in dvb_frontend.c [Was: "Video datastream brocken" - origin (maybe) found]

Alfred Zastrow wrote:
> Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
>
> >>I tried this patch in the 2.4_branch of dvb-kernel and it doesn't solves
> >>my problem with my two rev. 1.3-cards. The first (vdr-)recording after a
> >>cold boot got disturbed.
> >>My workaround right now is the usage of the (attached) old frontend
> >>driver.
>
> >It doesn't help if you repost that old driver. What would help
> >would be if you (or someone else who can reproduce the problem)
> >would try to find out what difference between both drivers
> >causes the problem, by gradually copying code snippets back and
> >forth until either the old driver stops working or the new one works.
>
> You are right.
>
> I will begin with that this evening. I used to hope that there would be
> a solution to save this work, because my vdr-box is only accessible via
> network.
>
> It has neither a monitor nor a keyboard attached und it has only a
> runtime system. I have to cross-compile everything.  ;-)

I see. As you have a working solution there is no need for you
to hurry -- there a re also others who share the problem and
could do some testing. But in the end someone will have to do the work...

It's always like that.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index