[linux-dvb] A/V dropouts when switching section filters

I was finally going to switch from the old DVB driver to the
dvb-kernel driver (although still under kernel 2.4.20) for the
VDR development, but apparently there is still a problem with
section filtering.

I'm testing the dvb-kernel driver from the 2004-08-07 CVS, as
retrieved through

  cvs -d kls@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co -P -rlinux_2_4 dvb-kernel

and have also tried the CVS version as of 2004-03-26, with the same
result.

Here are my observations:

- When VDR manipulates section filters, sometimes the A/V data stream blacks out.
  Most of the time the picture returns after a short while, but sometimes it
  doesn't.

- If I disable the StartSectionHandler() call in VDR's cDvbDevice::cDvbDevice(),
  the problem does not occur, so I guess it must have to do with section
  filtering.

- In order to rule out a firmware or AV7110 problem I have set up my
  channels so that the actual signal is always taken from my second
  DVB card, which is a WinTV NOVA-S (a budget card), and is displayed
  on the primary device via "Transfer Mode". It makes no difference
  whether I do it this way or watch live tv directly on the primary
  (full featured Siemens Rev. 1.3) card.

Since the same version of VDR worked just fine with the old DVB driver
version, I assume there is something seriously wrong in the dvb-kernel
version (at least in the 2.4 branch).

Unfortunately I don't have the time to dig deeper into this right now,
so I was wondering if anybody else is able to reproduce this and maybe
find out what's wrong.

Meanwhile I'm back to the (good ;-) old DVB driver...

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index