[linux-dvb] Help. How to understand DVB tools?

OK I 'm a total n00b I admit it! I'm sorry... But I just got round to
taking a look at The DVB tools. Unfortunately I am sorry to say thatI I
have found it all deeply confusing.

I have all of the required dvb modules listed in /dev/dvb. In there I
have exactly three devices listed which are: demux0,  dvr0 and net0.

To begin with I'm not even sure what these three devices are - insomuch
as which of these would give me any kind of TV output? I had a look at
tzap, since I understand that this is what I would use for dvb-t TV
viewing, but like many things in Linux it seemed utterly cryptic.

I live in Newcastle upon Tyne in the UK - could anyone offer me a
working example of how to use these tools to generate a valid config
file for my device - and also suggest what I need to do next after
having made this to get DVB working on my box?

I had a look at some of those things in the supplied tools and some of
them look like there are executables that need to be run at boot time if
DVB TV is to function correctly?

It all seems highly cryptic.

I'm using KDE and Gentoo with a 2.6.7 kernel if that is of any
significance.

My TV card is a WinTV Nova-T.

Any at all input would be appreciated.

What I need is some docs that lay out how to get this working in clear
step by step instructions. (It's the only way I managed to set up
Gentoo) I don't mind reading the docs providing they are clear, but
those provided with the driver seem anything but clear. I have read all
over the site looking for simple easy to follow instructions on how to
set up this specific card - but what I found either didn't relate to me,
or it read like a Martian technical manual.

Please advise.

GJ

Thanks in advance.

GJ