[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: TT USB Box - Last try

Frank Dzaebel wrote:
Hi Holger,

unbelievable but true...I just replaced the current cvs tda1004x driver with
version 1.26 (as you said) and now it works!! Thank you VERY much!
:) great.

What I am wondering about... doesn't this mean that the current drivers (cvs
and kernel >= 2.6.6) cannot work with TT USB boxes in general?
The current CVS tree is not consistent -- some drivers are still using the plain dvb_i2c API, some others have been moved to the kernel-i2c API.

By the way...I use udev and the naming scheme of the device nodes is not as
it is expected by scan, vdr and so on (so e.g. /dev/dvb0.frontend0 instead
of /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0). Do you have an idea how to change this? The
simplest way in my eyes is a "ln -s ..." but maybe there is a better
solution?
I added Michael to the cc: list, he cares about sysfs/udev support and will care about these issues. There have also been some other reports regarding this issue on this list.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index