[linux-dvb] Re: New Dvico DVB-T card in Australia - Driver?

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, Andrew Dennison wrote:

> [this is a repost - original didn't seem to get through]
>
> I noticed recently that DVICO have released another DVB-T card for AU,
> the Fusion DVB-T Lite. This card is interesting to me as it's half
> height, has RF passthrough and includes a reasonable looking remote.
>
> I extracted the following details from:
> http://www.dvico.com/products_dvbtLite.html
>
> Item  			Fusion DVB-T Lite
> Tuner			Thomson 7579
> COFDM Demodulator 	Zarlink MT352
> PCI Bridge chip 	Fusion878A (Conexant CX23878A)
>
> It looks like the Fusion878A and MT352 are already supported for
> existing cards such as the Avermedia DVB-T 771, so the main issue would
> be adding support for the Thomson 7579 tuner.

Yes, but most likely Chris's driver for the non-lite Fusion DVB-T would be
worth following too - assuming that the board would be wired up similarly
(GPIO enable lines and all that).

> Is anyone currently looking at adding support for this card?

I was thinking about adding (Mac) support for it but it hasn't bubbled to
the top of my list yet...

> If someone can confirm that my assumptions are correct and I would
> mainly just need to dig up a tuner datasheet (or do some I2C reverse
> engineering) to support this card I may just get one and have a go at
> it. From what I've read in the archives no one has supported this tuner
> yet, but it's been mentioned occasionally.

I have some programming info for this tuner - it should be enough to make
it go (IF + pll step size + band control words). Most likely others on
this list who have been in contact with DVICO have similar info. If you
are serious about writing this driver then contact me off-list and I'll
pass it on (with DVICO's blessing).

> Maybe the tuner is very similar to the Thompson DTT7595 about to be
> supported for the new Hauppauge card?

Yes I've been wondering about that too. I guess we'll find out for sure in
a day or so :)

> Andrew

{P^/

btw I've added support on the Mac for the ATSC part of the FusionHDTV 3
Gold now ... I think this must be the first time there's been a Mac 'DVB'
driver before a linux one :D </smug> :)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index