[linux-dvb] Re: Udev support in official kernels

Michael Hunold wrote:

Hi,

On 05.09.2004 08:44, lamikr wrote:

This will work fine with dvb-kernel drivers in CVS but not with the 2.6.8.1 drivers.
Do you have any time estimations when udev support would be included in the Linux kernel tree?

Gerd Knorr's bttv fixes (which are necessary for the bt8x8 based DVB budget cards) have just been applied to Linus' Bitkeeper repository.

http://linus.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5/cset@1.1954?nav=index.html|ChangeSet@-2d

I've already prepared some kernel patches to sync the CVS with the kernel, but these patches still need some tweaking. As soon as I find the time to do this, I'll send out patches to Linus and LKML.

Ok, I understand. Would these patches made kernel to include about everything what is currently in the CVS?

Mandrake has one multimedia kernel in the contrib-kernels which contains a never version of dvb-drivers
than what are available in the kernel. (Not sure exactly when dvb drivers has been taken into it but udev rule
scripts works anyway) I quess people using dvb should be recommended using that kernel...

Mika

Home | Main Index | Thread Index