[linux-dvb] Re: Nebula dvb-t PCI problems

On Sunday 05 September 2004 20:09, aunola+dvb@ydin.org wrote:
> status 1f | signal 0000 | snr 0000 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |
> FE_HAS_LOCK
>
> So, no signal information. Is this normal with Nebula card? I can see
> the picture. Also "femon" plugin in vdr have problems in showing those
> signal and other diagnostic values.

Yes. Perfectly normal. Nothing wrong.

> Another "problem" is that "./dvbscan dvb-t/fi-Lahti" finds channels, but
> when it's trying other frequencies it complains:
>
> .>>> tune to:
> .>>> 682000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_AUTO:QAM_64:
> TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE
> WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!

Digita's web says 682 is a valid frequency for mux b (mtv3, nelonen, subtv
etc). The scan output can be a bit confusing. Do you get mtv3 and nelonen
in the channels.conf scan outputs? If you do then forget about it. If you
don't then how bad is your antenna? Tried it in windows? Tried it in
another pc?

> I have figured out that hauppauge cards have not these problems, is it
> normal with nebula?

The first one isn't a problem at all. The second is probably a
misunderstanding.  The hangs I can't say much about as I haven't
experienced any (if you don't count modprobe bttv with wrong card option).
I run debian with 2.6.8.1-ck3 on the vdr box and nebula works very well
for me. No problems at all after I disabled acpi. So does the chaintech
card now that I had it replaced by another non-broken one.

And from this list I gather there have been some strange tuning timing
problems with hauppauge cards and if you buy one new you might just get
the new model that has no drivers available just yet.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index