[linux-dvb] Re: Nebula dvb-t PCI problems

On Sunday 05 September 2004 23:15, aunola+dvb@ydin.org wrote:
> > Yes. Perfectly normal. Nothing wrong.
> Well, it would be nice to see signal strengts and other "useful"
> information.

Not very useful. The data can be just plain wrong and even if it's correct
it still doesn't really mean much as different cards need different signal
strength/quality for lock. If it locks and the picture is fine then what
do you need to know the signal quality for?-)

> I have no idea about this, but yes, I can scan every channels and watch
> them. Just that "tuning failed" message is confusing me. And here is the
> content of dvb-t/fi-Lahti file (it wasn't in original scan sources):

The tuning failed message comes from the frequency it tried just before
trying this one. Just forget about it.

> Well, in my case computer usually hangs when uptime is something around
> 10 days. Have you any special modprobe parametres? I just use modprobe
> dvb-bt8xx and nxt6000.

Heh. Haven't had the vdr box run for 10 days straight yet. I did have
problems with acpi and kernels <2.6.8.1 though. It would flood messages
about irqs all the time and then acpi after a couple of days just goes
"irq 5: nobody cared! disabling irq 5" and then the card doesn't do
anything anymore and I have to reboot to get it working again. With
2.6.8.1 I don't get the messages anymore but acpi still disables it every
once in a while. Disabling acpi removes the problem completely. Still not
a hang though, it just does nothing.

I don't use any special module options other than verbose=0, just let bttv
autodetect all three cards and all is well.

> By the way, have you got your remote control receiver working on linux?

I think there is no way to make it work. It doesn't register any event
device for the remote and lirc_i2c can't seem to find it either so I'm
using the usb remote that came with the chaintech card.  Reading the list
archives I found a couple of messages where someone was about to write a
driver for it but I couldn't find anything come out of it. Just like with
the nebula usb box :)

Too bad. It's a really nice remote.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index