[linux-dvb] Re: Can the auto symbol rate patch for mt312 be merged?

Roberto Ragusa wrote:

Hi,

I've not received any comments about my blindscan 0.2 and related patches
(message sent on 2004-08-13) and people are contacting me directly asking
about how to the patch the CVS to support blindscan.

Can we finally take a decision on the inclusion of the auto symbol rate
patch for mt312 into CVS?
Are the API extensions still controversial or are they now acceptable?

Just go on and add your code, as long no other hardware supports these capabilities a "private" API should be ok. Please don't add your ioctls in the linux/include/frontend.h file but keep them private in a include file shared between mt312.c and your userspace scan application, as soon we have a fixed API both would need to get touched again anyways. For now they are too specific tied to the mt312.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index