[linux-dvb] Re: DVB cards in a Server, Buffer sizes

On Monday 06 September 2004 12:04, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> ... -- currently it only resizes the buffers for the demux
> device, I forgot this. Right now the buffer size is hardcoded in
> linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dmxdev.h:
>
>     #define DVR_BUFFER_SIZE (10*188*1024)
>
> You can try if increasing this solves your problem -- properly
> implementing the SET_BUFFER_SIZE ioctl would be the better solution on
> the log term. Any volunteers?

Please consider backward compatibility, currently s/t/czap use 64 kByte, you
say internally it's almost 2 MByte. The new implementation should assume a
minimum size (let's say one MByte) and use the default (2 MByte) if the ioctl
is called with a value below the minimum.

Jürgen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index