[linux-dvb] Re: Nebula dvb-t PCI problems

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 12:36:22AM +0300, Jukka Tastula wrote:
> Heh. Haven't had the vdr box run for 10 days straight yet. I did have
> problems with acpi and kernels <2.6.8.1 though. It would flood
> messages
> about irqs all the time and then acpi after a couple of days just goes
> "irq 5: nobody cared! disabling irq 5" and then the card doesn't do
> anything anymore and I have to reboot to get it working again. With
> 2.6.8.1 I don't get the messages anymore but acpi still disables it
> every
> once in a while. Disabling acpi removes the problem completely. Still
> not
> a hang though, it just does nothing.

I have had same problems, about "disabling irq 5" after I plugged the
card on my computer. Before that everything worked. Is there maybe some
problem with the card or drivers? Anyone else having such
problems/error-messages with nebula pci?

I have also had messages like "BUG: dst underflow 0: d7b0ac80 at
e09723fe", but those are not necessarily nebula related. And in my case,
acpi is mandatory if I want to use my HT processor, adding "acpi=ht" on
the command line has had no changes. But now, computer and dvb-t card is
currently working with 2.6.8.1 (without any error messages in dmesg).
Let's see how long it will be running before crash.

--
Joonas Aunola, aunola@ydin.org

Home | Main Index | Thread Index