[linux-dvb] Re: tda1004x can't tune certain channels first

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> I have a "DPANDA" card which uses the tda1004x (TDA10045H) and budget-ci
> drivers. I have two problems:
> 2. I can't tune one particular channel first. It just won't lock. Tuning
> to another then back again works. I had this problem a while ago and it
> seemed to be fixed at about the same time as another one (which was that
> if it lost lock, it wouldn't regain it if the signal returned). However
> it's happening to me now with kernel 2.6.8.1, and I think I saw it in
> 2.6.7 also. Is this likely to be a hardware bug, or a driver bug?
> It's reliably reproducable here.

Do you have a kernel/driver version where it reliably does not
happen, and one where it reliably happens? If not, check
your antenna.

I've seen similar behaviour before with a variety of frontends
when the signal is weak. Basically one would have to increase
the time before starting the zig-zag scan when the signal is
weak. Why it works to first tune a different channel, and
then the one you want, I don't know. But it seems to be
a common phenomenon.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index