[linux-dvb] Re: wiki?

Malcolm Caldwell wrote:
On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 18:30 +0200, Holger Waechtler wrote:

Hi all,

as you probably all know the linuxtv.org websites are quite out of date and almost nobody of the developers is really willing to keep them up-to-date. So I'd like to open a discussion how this situation may get improved.

May/should we try to use a wiki instead of the static webpages? This would at least make it easier to keep the supported-cards list and the DVB application link page more up-to-date. If so, which wiki implementation should we prefer? Is anybody of you experienced with this, are there any preferences we should consider?

Another approach would be to import the web pages into the CVS repository, then at least all developers with CVS accounts could edit the html/xml pages.

I don't necessarily see the two as being mutually exclusive:

     1. A wiki for 'user' supplied documentation, howtos etc, user
        experiences/mini-reviews etc
     2. cvs backed webpages for more 'official' documentation.
sounds good so far... the Wiki administration files and style sheets would be well-placed in the CVS tree, card-lists, application links etc should be editable.

On 2: my position is: 'if the developer is responsible enough to write
the driver they are responsible enough to document it as well!'

:) the past told us a different story...

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index