[linux-dvb] Re: wiki?

Philippe Gramoullé wrote:
Hello Gerd,

On 07 Sep 2004 23:21:22 +0200
Gerd Knorr <kraxel@bytesex.org> wrote:

  | Another drawback is that developers are usually familiar with using
  | cvs, but users / testers might be not.  As developers usually tend not
  | to like updating documentation + web pages it probably isn't wise to
  | use tools for the web pages only developers are familiar with ;)

Exactly. I think that using a wiki is a very good way to involve people in the project
as i'm sure many people would like to contribute but don't necessarily have
the knowledge/programming skills.

And a wiki wouldn't be a drop in replacement for the linutv web site, but a useful add-on.

  | A wiki very likely is easier to use than the cvs approach for many
  | people.

True. There are many other projects that use a wiki successfully, on the top of my mind,
Sylpheed-Claws, GTK mail user agent, have a very nice one: http://sylpheed-claws.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/
hmmm, this has all we need. I don't like the visual style, but the functionality looks good on a first glance.

Do you need what exactly needs to get installed and configured to get such a system working? Is it simple enough to maintain?

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index