[linux-dvb] Re: V4 Demux Point

Rob.McConnell@Zarlink.Com wrote:
> Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de> wrote on 07/09/2004 17:36:53:
>
> > We had demos running on a dbox2 (66Mhz ppc) and ARM Integrator
> > (IIRC ~60Mz ARM7TDMI, with a full-featured av7110 in a PCI bus slot).
> > But that was a while ago. Our current platforms have 150..200Mhz.
>
> Would I be correct in assuming that the dbox2 and ARM demos were/are
> running the V3 Linux API?  Do you have full EPG and MHP running on the
> 66Mhz ppc and/or higher spec platforms without any problems using the V4
> API?  Do you ever get loss of data?

V3 (or so) on dbox2 is correct, but this was more than a year ago, and it was
demo stuff, not a full MHP. IIRC the EPG was fully implemented.
Quite likely there was some data loss, since the whole MHP/Java
stuff makes our application somewhat bloated ;-/ and CPU intensive.
But due to the repetitive nature of DVB SI this is not a problem, it
just slows things down some.

The point is: AFAIR the section data copying in dvb-core did not
produce significant load (a few percent), even on low end boxes.
It's nothing compared to the work you need to do for parsing
the sections and processing the extracted information.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index