[linux-dvb] Re: wiki?

Holger Waechtler wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Tomi Ollila wrote:

> >>Convert CVS repository to subversion
> >

> > Please don't!
>
> can you please elaborate your concerns a little more in detail?
>
> Holger

Well, CVS works fine for me - I see no actual need to change that.
I have to admit, though, that I have no personal experience with
subversion. I just wouldn't change something unless that has _real_
advantages. The fact that (according to Wolfgang Fritz's post just
a few minutes ago) subversion doesn't even support branches and tags
doesn't sound like this would be an actual improvement...

But of course, it's up to you what version control system you want to
use. I'm usually just the "never change a running system" type ;-)

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index