[linux-dvb] Re: wiki?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Holger Waechtler wrote:

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Tomi Ollila wrote:

Convert CVS repository to subversion

Please don't!

can you please elaborate your concerns a little more in detail?

Holger

Well, CVS works fine for me - I see no actual need to change that.
I have to admit, though, that I have no personal experience with
subversion. I just wouldn't change something unless that has _real_
advantages. The fact that (according to Wolfgang Fritz's post just
a few minutes ago) subversion doesn't even support branches and tags doesn't sound like this would be an actual improvement...

moves maintaining the history and atomic commits are a serious improvement from my point of view, and "branches" have been created in the linuxtv.org CVS by copying more than once: remember the dvb-kernel, the dvb-apps and the dvb-kernel-v4 module which were basically branches of the DVB tree.

And personally I have to admit that I access the repository using slow conections pretty often...

But of course, it's up to you what version control system you want to
use. I'm usually just the "never change a running system" type ;-)

:) well... right now all the linuxtv.org server stuff is not really kind of a running system, and when we clean up things we may as well do it radically. Unfortunally none of us is really experienced with all this admin stuff, thus we ask.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index