[linux-dvb] extracting audio from TS dvb stream

I have been trying to extract just the audio from a DVB-T uk radio station.
Here are the steps I have taken after fairly exhaustive research,
including trawling the linux-dvb mailing list archives:

$ dvbstrean -n 30 -f 802166 -v 0 -a 6258 -o > file.ts
$ cat file.ts| ts2pes 0 6258 > file.ps
$ es_demux file.ps file.mp2 file.mpv

When I get here, the file.mp2 and file.mpv are empty.
This works fine for a TV station - ie. when the VPID is not zero.
When I do the above, I get two files, one with the video and one with
the audio.

Can anyone point out where I'm going wrong?
I hasten to add that the file.ts plays fine in mplayer (ie mplayer
file.ts).  I get perfect audio.  I just can't get it out!

Thanks

Andy

Home | Main Index | Thread Index