[linux-dvb] Re: [OT] subversion [Was: Re: wiki?]

I've been using subversion (and trac) at work last 5 months (copied our
CVS contents there) and quite soon we vere quite happy with the change.
"branching", "tagging", merging, removing branches/tags has worked and
we have not had any problems with data in. And the 'single revision number'
has brought only benefits. (hmm, www.cvstrac.org commit tracking has same
'feature' -- just a side not that came in...)

And, I just converted my personal CVS repository to subversion.
Anyone who likes to see the steps I did can look into
http://www.iki.fi/too/HISTORY+SVN which is there for a short while...

But, back into topic. Currently, with smallest learning curve and least
effort required maybe it is best to stick with CVS (for now ;) and
just start to use the wiki simple to setup, robust and easy to maintain.

Tomi

Home | Main Index | Thread Index