[linux-dvb] Re: PID's in FF and Budget cards, summary. Encryption case?

>>...In particular:
>>Can the DECRYPTED PID’s  be filtered out and transferred from the card
>>over PCI bus?
>Yes, as already Holger have commented; I talked (shortly) about it on
>the Readme.txt of the file Ttf_tsc1.zip, that today I've re-uploaded.
>On the included PCB files, there is one "adapter" intended for this;
>mechanically, it's to be mount as the other ("L" chaped), between the
>tuner and SAA7146 pins, but now the signals are to be connected, with
>discrete wires, to the CI TS output pins. If I'm not wrong, this 11
>signals can be easilly taped on the PCB vias that are located on two
>*equaly spaced* sets of seven and three vias, in the left-upper side of
>the AV711x (watching the DVB card by the components side and with the
>PCI connector down); the remaning via, of the "data bus", is below the
>seven set. This is hard to describe but easy to see :-).

I still have an issue with this. I understand your patch is for getting
Full TS. Before I heat soldering iron, I would like to  know if AT LEAST
FEW decrypted PID's can be transferred out of the card WITHOUT the
patch???

Regarding the CAM's there are definitely available so-called
Professional
CAM's which can decrypt full TS. These CAM's are expensive (range of
400€)
so before buying I would like to know if having such CAM I would be able
to get 32 decrypted PID's from the card *without* the patch....

Irek

Home | Main Index | Thread Index