[linux-dvb] Re: wiki?

Hello Holger,

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 11:54:05 +0200
Holger Waechtler <holger@qanu.de> wrote:

  | hmmm, this has all we need. I don't like the visual style, but the
  | functionality looks good on a first glance.

Good. As for the visual style, this is something than can be easily changed.

  | Do you need what exactly needs to get installed and configured to get
  | such a system working? Is it simple enough to maintain?

There are many wiki software available currently, and one may chose a a given system based on the
language it uses,etc..

I'd personally recommend PHPWiki. We've been using it successfully at work (about 20 web developers,admin sys,
project managers,etc..) and obviously, it helped us a lot.

It should be quite easy to install, should you use a rpm based distro, a Debian distro or a source based distro.

It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to install it ( on our Debian system, it's a matter of "apt-get install phpwiki"),
and after that maintenance is something quite trivial and really simple.

Let me know if you have any more question on it.

Thanks,

Philippe

Home | Main Index | Thread Index