[linux-dvb] Re: CX88 i2c issue w/ DVB tuners

Andrew de Quincey wrote:

Tum te tum, another small issue with cx88 - the i2c_adap class was always set to I2C_CLASS_TV_ANALOG. Which meant if you happened to have the tda9887 analogue tuner loaded, it (incorrectly) grabbed the i2c device that the cx22702 uses.

Attached patch sets the cx88 i2c bus class to I2C_CLASS_TV_DIGITAL if the "dvb" flag is set.

Incidentally, shouldn't all the DVB tuners check the bus class is definitely I2C_CLASS_TV_DIGITAL? Otherwise you might end up with the reverse problem (cx22702 etc taking over the tda9887's i2c device on analogue cards).

Just hope there isn't a card out there with both DVB AND analogue tuners on it....

Some ATSC cards and some modern Reference Designs of major chip vendors can receive both digital and analog broadcasts. It's just a matter of time until they become widely available.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index