[linux-dvb] Re: CX88 i2c issue w/ DVB tuners

> > I wouldn't care when kernel i2c would be crappy code inside (which I
> > thing it isn't)
> >
> :) (it is - really: I've rarely seen anything broken-by-concept like
>
> this. And I've rarely seen anybody fighting like a pitbull for such a
> stupid concept.)

You seem to have the wrong end of the stick here. I'm only fighting to FIX
i2c. I'm saying if we use i2c_transfer() as you suggest, then we have to
register an i2c_adapter. If we register an i2c_adapter, it will be autoprobed
as the *braindead* i2c stuff doesn't let you turn autoprobing OFF. If it is
autoprobed, the _other_ i2c devices (e.g. the tda9887) in the system can
stomp on us. The alternative is to stop using kernel i2c.

Since we can see this problem coming, why not fix it now, instead of waiting
for it to bite us in the arse? :)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index