[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T autoscan for tuning data (was Re: Re: mt352/bt878cleanups, DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T1/DVB-T Lite patches)

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Holger Waechtler wrote:

not yet, but the mt352 supports this autoscan feature.

As well a the dib3000mb does.

You just need to know the frequency and the bandwidth (which can be auto
as well since there are only 3 different values).
can it also perform the full-frequency scan?

An API for scans was proposed a while ago on this list, please see the
mail archives. Any contributions in this area are recommended.

What about using SET_FRONTEND and GET_FRONTEND for it?

Passing the 68 Bits of TPS to the user space (new ioctl)?

A general "TPS-to-frontend-parameter"-method in the (dvb-)core would be
nice as well?! (I parse it my driver (or the demod does it) and I saw tps
parsing other drivers, too).
I would like to pass TPS values to SET_FRONTEND/GET_FRONTEND, the mt352 driver is a nice example that hardware can handle this directly.

Maybe we should add a SET_FRONTEND_TPS/GET_FRONTEND_TPS for compability. A function in dvb_frontend.c could reapack these to a SET_FRONTEND struct in case that the driver does not implements SET_FRONTEND_TPS. In v5 we should forbid direct SET_FRONTEND calls for DVB-T.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index