[linux-dvb] Re: Issues with ULE decapsulation

Moritz Vieth wrote:

> we are currently working on ipv6-dvb integration via ULE. We have
> already successfully implemented an encapsulator and are trying to use
> the decapsulator provided by linuxtv.org (as modified by Metzler
> Brothers). We are using Fedora Core 2, Kernel 2.6.5-1.358.
> We diff'ed the aforementioned file and the one provided with the drivers
> by linuxtv.org (after using the patch from this list) and found out that
> there are several differences between the two (apart from the different
> comment style and kernel < 2.5.0 compatibility). In addition to that,
> the included <linux/dvb/net.h> defines different constants in the
> dvb_net_if struct (these are DVB_NET_FEEDTYPE_MPE/DVB_NET_FEEDTYPE_ULE
> compared to FEEDTYPE_SEC/FEEDTYPE_TS).

You will find the contact address of authors of the ULE code in the CVS
history of dvb_net.c. I only did some cleanups to correct some of the
worst coding style violations, and to maintain binary compatibility
for the old dvb_net ioctls. (It's possible that I broke something in
my cleanups, however I can't test it. And if I understand you correctly
the code you are using does not have my cleanups anyway.)
The FEEDTYPE rename was discussed on the list, check the archives.

http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dvb-kernel/linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb_net.c

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index