[linux-dvb] Re: Proposal for new frontend architecture

Michael Hunold wrote:

The only thing we couldn't agree on was the PLL stuff. We did agree that the code should be removed from the demod drivers, but it was how to do it that was the problem. Therefore, here are worked examples of the tda1004x/budget-ci with both proposals - tell us which is best (assuming you like the whole idea of course).
* PLLs removed from frontend drivers.

Point taken. PLLs are evil, just look at stv0299.c. But it's not just the demod code. All sort of stuff is hw dependend, stv0299 is a good example: symbolrate, inversion and configuration depend on the driver, too.

The symbol rate code differs because of different crystal frequencies. This can easily get a variable in the card config struct.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index